Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Schaub and Duckworth leave KPIX-TV; More buyouts at CBS5



Both Jeffrey Schaub and Anna Duckworth have left KPIX, (CBS5) according to a veteran broadcast source.

Both took buyouts offered by the station.

Last week, Hank Plante, the outlet's award-winning, political editor, announced he would retire at the end of March. Plante too took a buyout offer from Channel 5.

Schaub served as CBS 5's "green beat" correspondent and reported on environmental issues. He also served as the North Bay bureau chief. He has been at KPIX for over twenty years.

Duckworth is a General assignment reporter and anchored the Noon news. Before joining KPIX she worked at KRON.

Follow me on Twitter

7 comments:

  1. Anna Duckworth is all class. KPIX will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw her reporting for KPIX this morning. When is her last day? She will be missed. Can they please get rid of the morning anchors? They are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days when Anna did the traffic at KRON. It was great to see her move up to news reporter and I hope this is just another move forward for her.

    Good luck to Schaub as well. Does this mean the Green Beat is going away? I know it is very trendy, especially in the Bay Area, to throw around terms like "Green" but Clean Tech can be an economic boom with California leading the way. It would be a shame to see this ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich, word I get is they were offered a choice. Pickup a camera or take a buyout. By the way, 6 vetean KGO reporters are also becoming digital-journalists (including David Louie, Dan Noyes, Wayne Freedman and Eric Thomas) They'll use small digital cameras and do their own editing. Only restriction, so I'm told, is the material they shoot and edit can't be used for "same day"coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna would be an excellent addition to the KTVU News Staff or maybe it's time for a National assignment at one of the networks. I have always enjoyed her reports she knows the City and the Bay Area.

    LeBaron

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept asking myself, Duckworth, duckworth, then it hit me, I went to school with Anna, Horace Mann in SF's Mission district. Way back in the late 70's.

    ReplyDelete