Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ronn Owens; KRON and Comcast SportsNet; SF media notes

Ah, it's good to be free.

This site will now be my main media component as I've left SF Gate. Why? Let's just say it was time to move on, both for me and the Chron people. I'm not being vague when I say that I enjoyed my work there; broke many stories and wrote some hits and misses. Kind of like life.

This space is MY space and I'm beholden to no one. I can write and post whenever I want and give you, my readers, the type of information you deserve and crave. By the way, I'm always looking for tips, so do send me your info and I will check back with you. OK, enough housework. Let's go.

*********************************************************************************
I'll be a guest this morning on the Ronn Owens KGO radio program at 9: 50 to discuss the media aspect, (some media outlets are paying for info in the Jaycee Lee Dugard story) KGO radio is at 810 on the dial in case you're from another planet.

**********************************************************************************
I have written extensively about the KRON moral and how putrid it is and now, with this freedom space, (my space--I love it!) I can now be more specific and fill you in without some editor screwing with my story. That doesn't mean I'm going to write rumor and innuendo; quite the contrary.

But I will tell you more than you can ever imagine because my sources are 100% legit and the stories I've written about KRON have legs. (Bad word at KRON particularly for a few of its upper mtg. news suits who like to, based on reports to me, mix it up every now and then)

I have a KRON story coming that will knock your socks off and I will back this piece up to all those of you who have asked what's really taking place at the old joint on 1001 Van Ness. Stay tuned.
***********************************************************************************

Watch for my fourth appearance tomorrow night on Comcast SportsNet "Chronicle Live" around 8: 30 PM. I'll be one of the guest panelists talking NFL football. Raiders/Niners and Giants too. Comcast SportsNet is on, locally, Channel 40 and Direct TV Channel 698. The show is hosted by Greg Papa.

************************************************************************************

Check back to this site for frequent updates and new, fresh, exciting media chatter.

Listen to my sports commentary every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday on XTRA Sports 860 AM and follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment