Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Michael Savage aftermath


Needless to say the Michael Savage piece on SFGate was met with a lot of huffing and puffing.


It should be noted that I don't write pieces to shock or elicit any emotion. I try to be fair and I'm not beholden to any party-political, social, or otherwise. I'm fiercely independent which is one of the reasons I wrote about Savage.


He's an entertainer to me. That doesn't mean I don't take him seriously; quite the contrary. But I do believe that listening to both sides of the aisle is important and healthy. Not to mention, enlightening because every now and then the "other side" gets it right.


I'm neither "liberal" nor "conservative", (what do those labels mean anyway?) and I'd like to say that I'm more open-minded every day. If anything, I've become more conservative since the day after 9/11 when it dawned on me that there's a lot of people in this world who would destroy our way of life, our very existence in a 'NY second if they could. And that's with a new administration in office with President Obama at the helm, who, by the way, I voted for; Bill Clinton, twice, so see, I'm not some "right-wing" nut, nor am I a left-wing lunatic.


But, yes, I do have an open mind and I like it that way.


Follow me daily on Twitter and SFGate, and listen to my sports commentary every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday on XTRA Sports 860
SAVAGE UPDATE: Yours truly will be a guest on the "Savage Nation" today in the 5 o'clock, (8 EST hour) Locally, in the SF Bay Area, the show airs from 3- 7 PM on "Talk 910, KNEW, 910 AM on the dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment