Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GIANTS Hijack KNBR; Wednesday Media File

I KNOW the Giants top management were instrumental in replacing KNBR's Damon Bruce and Giants post-game host, with their own David B. Flemming, and that KNBR brass cowardly allowed Larry Baer and co. to hijack their late-night programming....I know that Rod Brooks doesn't know a damn thing about sports and, furthermore, has a chip the size of Mt. Rushmore, on his shoulder, but then again, it's KNBR...I know that KRON4's Vern Glenn deserves better, but the doofuses that run KRON are about as pithy as an "Amy G" update on Comcast during a Giants game...I know that all the "experts" that have written off the Raiders/Al Davis' selection of Darrius Heyward-Bey as their first-round pick are the same "experts" who thought Mike Williams would be the next Jerry Rice...I know that Rick Barry would make one helluva coach in the NBA for a certain franchise that could use him, but that won't happen because there's an unwritten agreement. Figure it out...I know that the A's are a colossal bore and that their early failures are not a blip and portend to long-term status...I know that the core of the Giants latest success is their pitching, but that's not going to get them to October, and that their fans are far more on the ball than their KNBR tonsils, (31,000 last night for a Dodgers game)...I know that it's professional heresy to dare criticize Gary Radnich; after all, no media person here does so, namely because said media figure wants to be on "Raddy's" show, thus, you rip, it's "bye-bye"...I know that now that the Sharks have been eliminated, (again) the NHL playoffs coverage here in the Bay Area print media will be delegated to near the obituary page. How symbolic...I know that Ed Baxter is the ONLY reason I listen to the KGO radio Morning News...I also know that KGO has a budget issue, but the 10-1AM rotating-shuffle is pathetic and slot-status should be handed over to the very capable and esteemed John Rothmann...I know it's scary to say this, but syndicated talk's Michael Savage, (KNEW 910 AM) makes me laugh and is borderline hysterical even though I think he needs the 'meds now and then...I know that KCBS' mojo is news 24/7, but I'd like them to talk to the Raiders about forging a partnership for 2010, 'cause KSFO is a joke on and off the air...I know that KTVU/FOX2's Sal Castenada is the best traffic reporter in local media and should be promoted to something more compelling than a 'big-rig problem on 880...I know that Rita Williams is the best, hardest-working reporter in the market--ditto, ABC7's Wayne Freedman, Dan Noyes and CBS5's Hank Plante...I know that KCSM, (91.1 FM) does it every day, with some great nostalgic big band and jazz, but just how?...I know that KQED-FM's Michael Krasny and KGO's Ronn Owens are damn good, but could we have just a smidgen of sports every now and then?...I know that "Armstrong and Getty", (KNEW 910, 6- 10 AM) are beginning to get a pulse of the city, but 'howza 'bout a few LOCAL analysts as opposed to a CNN guy every other day?...CLEAR CHANNEL 'pink-slipped 590 people today, including local radio, "Star 101.3's Sylvia Chacon.

Follow me daily on http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/lieberman/index and http://www.twitter.com/richlieberman

No comments:

Post a Comment